Non-Toxic and Low Cost Cleaning Products
Cleaning on a BudgetHere are a few cleaning supplies to clean on a budget:
- Baking Soda: Very common cleaning tool that not only removes stains, but it also removes foul odors. Baking soda causes both grease and dirt to dissolve with water. It is also a natural and non-toxic product.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Useful to both clean and disinfect. While hydrogen peroxide is primarily used for wounds, it can also be used to clean dirt. For disinfecting, it can be used to disinfect cleaning items such as sponges, scrubbers and toilet brushes.
- Distilled White Vinegar: Just as common as baking soda and with several cleaning benefits. Vinegar is great to clean coffee makers, microwaves, windows, window blinds, copper, shower doors and wine stains. In addition, distilled white vinegar can deodorize kitchen drains and remove pet odors.
- Liquid Dish Soap: Aside from cleaning dishes, dish soap can be used to clean floors, kitchen appliances, countertops, cabinets and window blinds. They can prevent grease and dust buildup on several surfaces.
- Salt: Simple table salt mixed with vinegar can help clean drains. It can also be used to remove grease from pans.
While most products serve their cleaning purpose, it is important to keep in mind that some cleaning products may contain harmful chemicals which can trigger allergic reactions or problems to people with skin sensitivity. Make sure to check to list of ingredients on the cleaning products being used and read about the possible side effects. Some of the most common toxins include Triclosan, Ammonia, Chlorine and Sodium Hydroxide.
Cleaning Products to Avoid
It’s not just a good rule of the thumb to keep your home clean. A clean home reduces allergens and minimizes the risk of buildups like mold and pests. Studies have also shown that keeping a clean home minimizes stress levels and increases productivity.
Keeping Your Home Clean
Walking into a clean home is as important as maintaining good hygiene habits. Ensuring that you choose the right cleaning products will keep your home healthy without the worry of harmful chemicals.